Deerhurst Day Nursery is owned by Mrs Lesley Jackson who is a qualified and experienced childcare practitioner.
The nursery is managed by Rebecca Whettall – who has Early Years Professional Status.
Our nursery has a qualified, skilled and experienced team of motivated professionals.
Our Early Years qualified staffing levels enable us to maintain our staff to child ratios at the level of:
- 1:3 – for children aged three months to two years
- 1:4 – for children aged two years to three years
- 1:8 – for children aged three years to five years
Our excellent staff team includes two Early Years Apprentices and three support staff:
- One cook
- One cleaner
- One gardener/maintenance person
We have a rigorous recruitment process; all staff are DBS checked, have references checked and attend training in Safeguarding Children, Food Hygiene and First Aid, with certificates renewed every three years.
All our staff are encouraged to continue their own personal development with further training.
We use our own part-time staff to cover any staff absence (holidays and sickness) so that our children are kept safe and secure with staff they know.
We sometimes have students on placement from college working on a voluntary basis with us to gain work experience. Students:
- complete our induction training
- are all DBS checked
- do not have unsupervised access to our children
- follow all our policies and procedures whilst working alongside our staff here at the nursery.
We value all our staff highly and have a low staff turnover.
We won Kidderminster College’s Employer of the Year Award in 2016: